Jarapa have been sourcing and distributing recycled & natural products for over 15 years.
Seeing some unusual rugs in a local shop in Spain whilst on holiday, we started importing to sell at markets and shows; over time adding other products from the Iberian Peninsula.
When customers showed interest in trade pricing Jarapa started to supply direct to the trade and now supplies customers all over the UK and Europe.
Now our business is predominantly wholesale and we focus on recycled, up-cycled and natural products.
Our original products, the rugs, are made by a Spanish family who have been making them for 3 generations. We have developed a range of colours and styles over the years that sell well in the UK market. 100% recycled material (made from the offcuts of the upholstery industry), machine washable, reversible and hard wearing they complement any room.
Recycled glassware was an obvious choice of product to increase our range and we now source from a number of factories in Spain. We are able to supply branded glassware and coloured glassware in over 20 colours; with the suppliers we now work with we have an extensive knowledge and catalogue of products many of which we hold in stock in the UK, and more that we can access through our suppliers’ broad ranges. Jarapa has supplied many businesses, bars, restaurants and hotels with unique branded tableware, tumblers and wine glasses..
Our recycled glass lamps and lampshades are the newest addition to our product range. Looking for a way to use the glassware more broadly through the home, we manufacture the lamps here in the UK using high quality fittings and local craftsmanship.
Our Eco Credentials
It's not just our products that are eco-friendly; as a business we try to be as environmentally friendly as possible throughout the supply chain. For example:
- we source products from the UK or EU to keep product miles low
- we try to import our products by train where possible, keeping road vehicle miles to a minimum.
- we have a home office in a building with solar panels and an air-source heat pump
- our other staff work from home where possible, and our warehouse is a five minute drive from our home, reducing commutes
- we re-use packaging materials which we collect from other local businesses, recycling packaging that would otherwise end in landfill. We estimate over 60% of our wholesale packaging material is recycled.
- where new packaging is needed we do our best to source the best environmental choice such as paper packing tape and recyclable air pillows.
- where paperwork is required we use recycled paper and our printer is refillable in a way that cartridges are not required.